Germany’s Hydroweb to open factory in Serbia, News
German non-woven spun bond fabric producer Hydroweb plans to build a 20 million euro ($21.6 million) factory in Jagodina, сх central Serbia, the local government said.
The factory will cover an area of 4,000 sq m and will have a staff of 100 employees who will be hired in two phases, the president of Jagodina municipality council, Dragan Markovic, said in a statement on Tuesday.
The German company plans to start in February or March the construction of the plant, which will make products for Italian indoor and outdoor car covers manufacturer Andrea Confezioni, as well as for the pharmaceutical and building equipment industries, Markovic added.
Hydroweb, which will export 50% of the products made in Jagodina, decided to choose Serbia, due to the strategic location of the country, offering direct access to the Mediterranean markets but also to Russia. Serbia’s active relations with China are also interesting for Hydroweb, the owner of the company, Andreas Hirsch, said.
Andrea Confezioni also operates a factory in Jagodina, which would significantly reduce transport costs, Kirsch added.
Hydroweb opened its first factory in Halberstadt, in southern Germany, in 2015. The company invested 17 million euro in the construction of the factory, which can produce 5,000 tonnes of bicomponent spun bond non-woven fabric annually.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute