Gorenje to boost share of Serbian output by 2020, News
Slovenian white goods maker Gorenje [LJE:GRVG] said on Thursday it plans to boost the share of products made in Serbia to 26% of its total output by 2020, a two percentage point increase from 2015.
The company keeps investing in expanding the manufacturing facilities in Zajecar, in eastern Serbia, and plans “to make additional investments there in the coming years until 2020,” Gorenje Group corporate communications manager Mateja Celin told SeeNews in an e-mailed statement.
Gorenje currently manufactures around 60% of its output in Slovenia, 25% in Serbia and 15% in the Czech Republic.
On Friday, Serbian prime minister Aleksandar Vucic said Gorenje plans to invest 12 million euro ($12.8 million) in the expansion of its refrigerator and freezer manufacturing operations in Serbia’s Valjevo, opening additional 300 jobs.
The Slovenian company has a total of 2,540 employees in Serbia, including 1,780 in Valjevo, western Serbia.
In addition to Valjevo and Zajecar, Gorenje also operates a factory in Stara Pazova, in northern Serbia.
– See more at: https://seenews.com/news/gorenje-to-boost-share-of-serbian-output-by-2020-549930#sthash.TCcSjm5S.dpuf
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year