Government sets up team to monitor Agrokor crisis, News
The Serbian government on Thursday set up a ministerial team to “analyze and monitor” the situation in Serbia related to problems in operations of Agrokor.
The team will also monitor the situation on the domestic market when it comes to companies linked to the troubled Croatian giant that are doing business in Serbia.
According to the government’s website, Prime Minister Ana Brnabic heads the team, while its members include ministers Rasim Ljajic, Goran Knezevic, Dusan Vujovic, Nela Kuburovic, Branislav Nedimovic, as well as Governor of the National Bank of Serbia Jorgovanka Tabakovic and President of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce Marko Cadez.
The move “aims to monitor and analyze the newly emerging situation in order to prevent any adverse consequences on the Serbian market.”
Agrokor, Croatia’s largest privately-owned company, has been managed by the state since April, after it was hit with a liquidity and debt crisis.
Croatia has issued an arrest warrant for the company’s owner Ivica Todoric, who was recently included in Europol’s list of most wanted fugitives.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year