Hesteel to invest 120 mln dollars in Smederevo plant in 2017, News
China’s Hesteel Group will invest 120 mln dollars in the Smederevo steel mill in 2017, the group’s President Yu Yong said after meeting with Serbian Minister of Economy Goran Knezevic on Wednesday.
The funds will be invested directly in reconstruction and acquisition of equipment and technology to improve operation even further, announced Yong.
Yong, who took a tour of the steel mill and spoke to the management and employees, conveyed to Knezevic Hesteel’s satisfaction with the plant’s work to date, as well as the plan for next year, the Ministry of Economy said in a statement.
Hesteel acquired the mill in July this year.
The investment has revived an entire region of Serbia, giving it an impetus to become an even better business and contributing to Serbia’s excellent macroeconomic results, Knezevic said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects