Japanese company opens factory in western Serbia, News
Japan’s Yazaki company on Tuesday opened a factory in the Sabac industrial zone, in western Serbia.
The 30,000 sq-meter plant will produce cable sets for Daimler trucks, and employ 500 workers, Beta reported.
Yazaki company has agreed to invest nearly EUR 25 million in Serbia, and to hire 1,700 workers in the coming period, while its export target is some EUR 120 million.
The opening ceremony was attended by Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, who said that Yazaki “would have never come to Serbia if the company hadn’t been offered the best of terms.”
The president said that Yazaki had received a government incentive worth EUR 10.1 million, and that he “hoped the Japanese investor would open more factories in Serbia.”
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects