Material from Ukraine is missing, but deadlines and dynamics remain, News
Today, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Mining and Energy Zorana Mihajlovic talked with representatives of a consortium of companies working on the construction of the Serbia-Bulgaria gas interconnection on the dynamics of work and finding solutions to procurement problems caused by the war in Ukraine and the crisis in Ukraine. market, the ministry said.
“The project of building the Nis-Dimitrovgrad gas interconnector is strategically important for Serbia and the country’s energy security and represents the basis for future diversification of suppliers, which gives both Serbia and the region greater security in the gas sector,” Mihajlovic said after the meeting.
She stated that the war in Ukraine affects world markets, the availability of raw materials and supplies.
“The ministry is here to help overcome the problem, bearing in mind that all works should be completed next year. Considering that the project is also financed by EU funds, Bulgaria also participates in it, gas interconnection is also of regional importance,” she said.
The statement said that representatives of the consortium of companies performing the works told the minister that due to the lack of steel on the market, there is a possibility of delays, given the fact that due to the war in Ukraine there is no company that can offer and deliver the necessary material.
The Ministry announced that at the meeting, which was attended by the representatives of the Ministry of Finance and PE “Srbijagas”, it was agreed to speed up all procedures and consider alternative solutions, but without changing the contract, RTV reports.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 9, 2023 20 years of Microsoft in Serbia
- June 9, 2023 What does the withdrawal of the Draft Law on Business Companies mean for Serbia?
- June 9, 2023 Serbia, Returning inflation to a downward trajectory is a priority