Nevsun Resources confirms high-grade copper and gold at Timok Project, News
Nevsun Resources Ltd. [NSU-TSX, NYSE MKT] announced assay results from drilling of the Upper Zone at the company’s high-grade Timok copper-gold project located in the historic Bor mining district in eastern Serbia. These excellent results continue to confirm the continuity and the high-grade nature of the Upper Zone.
New massive and semi-massive sulphide intersections include:
TC150099: 248.0m @ 6.37% Cu, 3.19g/t Au, including 87.0m @ 11.95% Cu, 5.35g/t Au
TC150078: 300.0m @ 5.50% Cu, 3.32g/t Au, including 40.0m @ 18.83% Cu, 10.61g/t Au
TC150105: 220.0m @ 3.12% Cu, 3.83g/t Au, including 42.0m @ 11.11% Cu, 16.70g/t Au
TC150094: 188.0m @ 4.03% Cu, 4.24g/t Au, including 27.0m @ 12.21% Cu, 15.26g/t Au
Vertical holes were designed to intersect the high-grade upper portion of the mineralization at near perpendicular orientation.
Nevsun CEO, Cliff Davis, commented, “The assays reported today continue to demonstrate the high grade nature of the Timok mineralization. These holes were drilled prior to the company acquiring its interest in the Timok Project and were recently assayed after the ownership changed. In addition to the 30,000 metres of ongoing drilling, the results from these holes will be included in the model used to generate a new resource for the pre-feasibility study due in September 2017.”
In September, Nevsun announced they were advancing towards a Pre-Feasibility Study with a major drilling program at Timok stating, “Since closing the acquisition of the Timok Project this past June, Nevsun has been rapidly ramping up the Upper Zone pre-feasibility study work. In addition, Nevsun, with its joint venture partner, Freeport-McMoRan, has commenced a 67,000 metre drilling program on the Lower Zone deposit to further define the deep porphyry potential.
An additional 30,000 metres of drilling are in progress to further improve confidence in the resource.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year