Pensioners in Serbia will receive a significantly increase starting in November, President Aleksandar Vucic said on Tuesday.
Addressing journalists after visiting the VTI military technical institute in Belgrade, Vucic said that pensioners will receive an increase of nine percent and will thus have “higher than ever pensions.”
“Others can expect increases, too, significant ones – but not as much next year, if we continue this way,” he said.
According to him, pensioners “deserve this increase because they carried the burden of reforms, thanks to which we have so much economic growth today.”
“The problem is that we don’t have the work force, we don’t have craftsmen, we will have to import labor,” Vucic said.
- Chinese investing EUR 7.5bn in infrastructure in Serbia
- Chinese two finance two highways in Serbia
- Google joins Digital Serbia Initiative
- Several agreements signed with Chinese companies
- Serbia and Russia to abolish roaming charges
- "EIB invested over 5.5 billion euros in Serbia"
- Swiss Barry Callebaut to build €50mn chocolate factory in Serbia
- Serbian regulator issues license to Vodafone
- Hungary and Serbia to reconstruct cross-border railway line
- "Stable economic climate encourages investors"