Piraeus Bank agrees to sell its Serbia operations, News
Piraeus Bank, Greece’s largest bank by assets, agreed to sell its Serbian operations to Serbia’s Direktna Banka, Piraeus said on Tuesday.
The bank is still struggling with problem loans after recession in Greece pushed unemployment to record highs. It has said it will slim down by selling wholly owned subsidiaries in Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Albania and Ukraine to reduce its foreign exposure.
Piraeus said Direktna will acquire its Serbian banking and leasing activities for 58 million euros to 61 million euros, depending on the financial performance of the divested assets until the deal is concluded.
The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2018, subject to regulatory approval, Piraeus said. BNP Paribas acted as its financial adviser for the sale.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year