Pljevlja mine will export 500 tons of coal a day to Serbia, News
The Pljevlja Coal Mine and the Electric Power Industry of Serbia have established cooperation, which includes the delivery of about 500 tons of coal a day to Serbia, it was confirmed to Tanjug in EPS.
At the meeting in Belgrade on March 31, the agreement was reached by the acting director of EPS, Miroslav Tomašević, and the executive director of the Pljevlja Coal Mine, Milan Lekić.
The calorific value of coal that EPS is interested in ranges from 7,500 to 8,000 kJ / kg, CdM reports.
When it comes to price and transport, those categories will be officially defined in the coming period.
Executive Director Lekić said that the price will certainly not be lower than the current price at which coal is distributed to the Pljevlja Thermal Power Plant (TEP), although it is coal of lower quality compared to that delivered by TEP, and that transport costs will be fully fall on the burden of EPS.
“During this calendar year, it was agreed in principle to deliver about 300,000 tons of coal, with a tendency to increase that amount in the future.” It was agreed that the Pljevlja Coal Mine will form a price in the coming period and that all elements of cooperation will be defined in more detail. According to certain assumptions, the plan is to deliver about 500 tons of coal per day “, stated Lekić.
He added that the costs of transport to Prijepolje or Lazarevac, depending on the final decision on where the coal will be distributed, will be fully covered by EPS, Politika reports.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 9, 2023 20 years of Microsoft in Serbia
- June 9, 2023 What does the withdrawal of the Draft Law on Business Companies mean for Serbia?
- June 9, 2023 Serbia, Returning inflation to a downward trajectory is a priority