PM to Greek investors: We offer best conditions in region, News
The country will “always offer at least five percent better conditions than other countries in the region,” he said at the opening of a business forum organized by the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, attended by Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, who on Tuesday started his two-day official visit to Serbia.
Investors from Greece are welcome in Serbia, Vucic said, adding that the number of Greek tourists in Serbia has increased, “but is still much smaller than the number of Serbian tourists in Greece.”
The number of Serbian tourists will increase as well as the amount of money they will spend – Serbian tourists in Greece now spend EUR 340 million annually, Vucic said, reiterating that the Serbs and the Greeks are “two friendly nations, linked by the historical and cultural heritage, which can be felt at every step.”
He said that our country has done a lot in the past two years to improve its business environment, which is of great importance for investors from Greece.
“Serbia fully stabilized its public finances, for the first time since World War II, without a single large-scale privatization, has a budget surplus, the general government deficit is 1.2 percent, while economic growth last year was 2.8 percent, he said.
Next year’s forecasts of international organizations show that the economic growth will be 3 percent, while Serbia expects to reach 3.5percent. Annual inflation is 1.1percent, while the public debt on this day is for the first time below 70 percent, said the prime minister.
He said that even this is not good enough, and pointed out that we will need two to three years to reach the level of the Maastricht Treaty, i.e., the public debt below 60 percent.
Serbia is repaying its obligations on time and looking to repay debts earlier, he said and pointed out that our country has many duty-free export contracts signed.
Speaking on incentive measures, he stressed that Serbia is able to offer the best conditions for investors from Greece.
Vucic said that Serbia attracts by far the largest number of investments from the West in the entire region of the Western Balkans.
He pointed out that investments in our country are two times higher than in Bosnia-Herzegovina, and that we attracted six times more investments in the past two years, which is something that Serbia is proud of and will continue in the same direction in the future.
The prime minister expressed his gratitude to the Greek companies that employ more than 25,000 people in Serbia, and called on Serbian businesspeople to invest in Greece.
He also expressed particular satisfaction with the number of participants in the business forum, which once again confirms the good relations between the two countries.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects