PM tours construction site for IKEA’s first Serbia store, News
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic on Friday visited the construction site of the first IKEA department store in Serbia, in Bubanj Potok, near Belgrade.
IKEA is a development project, not only for Belgrade, Mladenovac and Sopot, but for Smederevo, Smederevska Palanka and Pozarevac, all the way to Velika Plana, he said, announcing more investments in that part of the country.
IKEA currently has 50 employees in Serbia, but will hire 250 more in January and February.
Vucic said IKEA was also interested in buying more facilities in Serbia, but declined to elaborate.
“They want to get into what, for us, is a significant plant owned by a Serbian company, and they are in talks about this with the Serbian government. We would be glad if that ended in a success,” Vucic said.
The IKEA department store should be opened by the summer of 2017.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?