President promises average wages of “almost EUR 500”, News
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic has announced “significant salaries and pensions hikes” by the end of the year.
“Salaries will be increased on a permanent basis, pensions will be increased. So this year there will be a significant increase in salaries and a more significant increase in pensions than in previous years,” Vucic told TV Pink.
He remarked that “the final decision will be made by the government” – and that there is “potential” for this “because of the good results of the state coffers.”
Vucic also stressed that he “discussed this matter several times” with Prime Minister Ana Brnabic.
He then said that “60 percent of pensioners never had their pensions reduced.”
“Today, almost 69 percent of pensioners have higher pensions than they ever had, and I expect that this will soon reach the level of over 85-90 percent,” the president said.
Vucic reiterated that he expects average the monthly wage to increase “to almost 500 euros” by the end of next year.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year