Russian Railways Starts Rebuilding Serbia’s Vinarci–Djordjevo Line, News
The Vinarci–Djordjevo line is the last of the three southern sections of the 10th Trans-European Transport Corridor. RZD began construction under a previously signed contract.
RZD will completely replace the tracks, rebuild 11 crossings, some stations and low platforms, build new drainage and restore the cantenary system on the 15 km section.
The construction and installation work will be carried out without bringing all railway traffic to a halt. Serbian subcontractors will do part of the work.
After the project, passenger train speeds will increase to 120 kph compared with 50 kph now, the company reports. The Vinarci–Djordjevo upgrade is to be completed in the second quarter of 2017. The project is worth over $38 million. This work was contracted under an addendum to the contract on building and modernizing railway infrastructure in Serbia, which is part of an agreement signed by the Russian and Serbian governments.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?