Serbia, Chinese company will invest in the Vetrozelena wind power plant, News
CWP Europe and PowerChina Resources are signing an agreement regarding the Chinese company’s investment in the Vetrozelena wind farm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
In front of PowerChina Resources, the contract will be signed by the executive vice president of the company He Shiyou, while in front of CWP Europe, the CEO Dimitar Enchev will be the signatory, in the presence of the president of PowerChina International Ji Xiaoyong, the Chinese ambassador to Belgrade Chen Bo and the assistant minister for international cooperation and European integration in the Ministry of Mining and Energy, Jovana Joksimović.
The Vetrozelena wind farm Is a renewable energy project that the CWP Europe company is developing on the territory of the city of Pančevo. It is the second such project that CWP is developing in Serbia, with a planned installed capacity of 300 MW and 48 wind turbines.
Investing in the Vetrozelena wind farm project creates new conditions for the further development of clean energy in Serbia, reducing pollution and preserving the environment, it was stated in the announcement of the event.
The two companies are In a unique position to apply global knowledge and specific regional experience by teaming up for the first time on the Serbian market.
CWP EUROPE is a leading ompany for the development of renewable energy projects in Southeast Europe. Over the past 15 years, CWP has invested in sustainable development and energy transition in the region and has already successfully developed some of the largest wind farms in the region, such as the largest wind farm in Europe – the 600 MW Fântânele-Cogealac project in Romania.
It Is currently developing over 6 GW of renewable energy capacity in Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Montenegro, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Moldova and Ukraine.
PowerChina Resources LTD. Is a platform company specializing in international investment business Power Construction Corporation of China Ltd., founded in 2012 in Beijing. It currently owns and manages 23 investment projects with a total global capacity of 5333.5MW. Total assets in 2022 amounted to 60 billion yuan (8.3 billion EUR).
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute