Serbia, Decline in business loans and slight increase in household loans in January, News
The total loans of the economy, citizens and entrepreneurs at the end of February amounted to about 3,313 billion dinars, which is 0.2 percent less than in January, the Association of Serbian Banks announced today.
Loans to the economy were about 1,813 billion dinars, which is 0.4 percent less than in January, and to entrepreneurs about 69.2 billion dinars, which is a drop of 0.8 percent.
Household debt to banks increased by 0.2 percent to RSD 1,431 billion.
Among household loans, consumer loans decreased by 0.3 percent, as did refinancing loans, while agricultural loans increased by 0.4 percent and housing loans by 0.3 percent.
At the end of February, 2.7 percent of total bank loans were in arrears, while in January they were 2.9 percent.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 31, 2023 Serbia: Farmers’ associations are dissatisfied with the way in which the eAgrar system is implemented
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, Export growth in February 14.9 percent compared to the same month in 2022
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, New toll prices apply from tomorrow