Serbia has best spot in 12 years on WB’s Doing Business list, News
Construction permits and more efficient procedures for starting a business again helped Serbia advance in World Bank’s Doing Business list.
Serbia achieved the best place in 12 years – it is ranked 43rd among 190 countries, the National Alliance for Local Economic Development (NALED) said in a statement on Wednesday.
In the permits category, Serbia entered the top 10 by jumping from the 36th place, thanks to an additional shortening of the procedure, with almost double the cost reduction.
The time required for starting a company is now 5.5 days instead of seven, with three times lower the cost, that pushed Serbia from 47th to the 32nd place in the business start-up category.
The development of e-government and electronic services for the economy will be key to further development, it was assessed during the second annual conference “Doing business 2018: Strengthening Serbia’s competitiveness,” organized by NALED at the Hyatt Hotel, with the support of the USAID Partnership for Better Business Regulation and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and in the presence of Prime Minister Ana Brnabic and Deputy Prime Minister Zorana Mihajlovic.
Serbia is one of the best placed countries on this year’s Doing Business list in Southeast Europe. Ahead are Macedonia (11), Slovenia (37), Kosovo* (40) and Montenegro (42), while Romania (45), Hungary (48), Bulgaria (50), Croatia (51) Albania (65), Greece (67) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (86) are all ranked below it.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year