Serbia has made progress, but much more left to do, News
The European Commission’s 2016 Serbia report takes note of the country’s major progress in many areas, but there is much more that remains to be done, it was said at Tuesday’s presentation of the report at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia (PKS).
The report indicates that Serbia has achieved progress in macroeconomic stability, encouraging economic growth and reforming the public administration, but that it needs to strengthen the rule of law and be more committed to fighting corruption, the conference was told.
Serbia has made an ambitious start to implementation of reforms and they are already producing results, which need to be even more concrete, said the head of the EU Delegation to Serbia, Michael Davenport.
Serbia is resolutely moving toward its strategic goal of European integration, Davenport said, noting the PKS’s role in this.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects