Serbia to invest 400 mln euro to revamp 220 km of roads, News
Serbian infrastructure minister Zorana Mihajlovic said on Thursday the government plans to invest 400 million euro ($426.2 million) in the rehabilitation of 220 km of roads.
On Friday, the government will launch rehabilitation works on the 24 km-long Zabalj-Zrenjanin road, in northern Serbia, and plans to invest 733 million dinars (5.9 million euro) in the project, Mihajlovic said in a video posted on the website of public broadcaster Radio Televizija Srbije (RTS).
The government plans to discuss the inclusion of more companies in the construction works of Corridor X, as the contractor, Greece’s Aktor, does not have enough workers to complete the project by the end of 2017 as planned, Mihajlovic added.
Aktor is building the Prosek-Crvena Reka, Crvena Reka-Ciflik, Stanicenje-Pirot sections and Dimitrovgrad bypass of the Nis-Dimitrovgrad motorway. The company had completed a little more than half of the planned by February, Mihajlovic said back then.
Corridor X will connect Salzburg in Austria to the Greek port of Thessaloniki, passing through Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Macedonia.
In Serbia, the project includes the construction of Belgrade bypass motorway, as well as two separate sections, linking Nis to Merdare and the border with Bulgaria.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects