Spain’s Azvi completes installation of arches for Serbian bridge across Danube, News
Spanish civil engineering group Azvi has said it completed the installation of the two arches at the Zezelj bridge across the Danube river in Novi Sad, in northern Serbia.
The two arches – with a length of 180 and 220 metres, respectively – are the longest of their type in Europe and have a total weight of 11,300 tonnes, Azvi said in a statement on Wednesday.
The installation of the arches represents an important milestone in the project of construction of the 474-m long Zezelj bridge, featuring two railway lines, two road lanes and two lanes designed for pedestrians and cyclists. The new bridge will replace one destroyed in a NATO air raid against Serbia in 1999.
The European Union has invested 30.3 million euro ($35.8 million) in the construction of the bridge, plus 4.1 million euro for the construction of access roads, while Novi Sad local government has provided financing of some 4 million euro so far.
The Zezelj bridge is part of Pan-European Corridor X which will connect Salzburg in Austria to the Greek port of Thessaloniki, passing through Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Macedonia. In Serbia, the project includes the construction of the Belgrade bypass motorway, as well as two separate sections, linking Nis to Levosoje, near the border with Macedonia, to the south, and to the border with Bulgaria to the east.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?