The National Bank of Serbia has published the “Register of service providers related to virtual currencies”, News
Currently, there are two companies in the “Register of service providers related to virtual currencies” of the NBS, and the decisions were made a little more than 10 days ago, i.e. December 16. The published documents state that the companies are registered for receiving, transferring and executing orders related to the purchase and sale of virtual currencies for the account of third parties.
Let us remind you that in June of last year, the Government of Serbia adopted the Law on Digital Assets, which regulates the field of digital assets and business in Serbia, and entered into force in June 2021 and Serbia thus ranked among the countries that, thanks to the adoption of this law, were the first to create a regulatory framework for the field of digital property.
In accordance with the above, the Law regulates the issue of digital assets and secondary trading of digital assets in Serbia, the provision of services related to digital assets, lien and fiduciary rights on digital assets, the jurisdiction of the Securities Commission and the National Bank of Serbia, as well as the supervision of implementation of the Law.
Digital asset, i.e. virtual asset, according to the Law, is “a digital record of value that can be digitally bought, sold, exchanged or transferred and that can be used as a medium of exchange or for investment purposes, whereby digital asset does not include digital records of currencies that are legal tender and other financial assets that are regulated by other laws, except when otherwise regulated by this Law, it was indicated in the announcement.
You want “Blic Biznis” to bring you the latest and exclusive information about the economy and happenings in the world of business, to read about the successes and failures of Serbian businessmen, but also about jobs that bring a new era in business in Serbia and the world. Become a part of the club that consists of tens of thousands of managers, Blic reports.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 9, 2023 20 years of Microsoft in Serbia
- June 9, 2023 What does the withdrawal of the Draft Law on Business Companies mean for Serbia?
- June 9, 2023 Serbia, Returning inflation to a downward trajectory is a priority