Republic of Serbia Parliament has adopted the new Planning and Construction Act, in effect as of September 16th 2009.
The new Planning and Construction Act governs the following legal areas:
– urban planning
– granting of construction licenses
– title over construction land
Novelties in the new Planning and Construction Act are as follows:
1. Urban planning:
– reduced number of document plans to be drafted and adopted prior to construction
– simplified procedure of drafting and adoption of the document plans
– mandatory deadlines for drafting and adoption of the respective urban plans specified in the Act.
2. Granting of construction licenses
– reduced number of the licenses required for commencement of construction
– shorter deadlines for granting of the construction licenses and sanctions for the persons in charge in case of their failure to observe the specified deadlines
– reduced level of complexity and number of projects required for construction
– possibility of construction license assignment in a case of assignment of the title over the building under construction.
3. Title over construction land
– conversion of the utilization right over the developed construction land into title, without consideration
– restitution of the land owned by Republic of Serbia to public property of the local self-management authorities.
– conversion of the utilization right over the undeveloped construction land into title with consideration in certain cases.
– possibility of amendment of the agreement on the long-term lease of the public owned construction land and change of the lessee in case of assignment of the title over the facility under construction.
More informations on this topic can be found on: