Transport, electricity, restaurants and hotels have become more expensive in Serbia, News
In Serbia, in June, compared to the previous month, there was an increase in the price of transport, restaurants, hotels, furniture, and electricity. The increase in prices also occurred in the group of recreation and cultures, according to the report of the Republic Bureau of Statistics.
Prices of personal consumption goods and services in June 2021, compared to May 2021, increased by 0.3 percent on average.
Consumer prices in June 2021, compared to the same month last year, increased by 3.3 percent, while compared to December 2020, they increased by an average of 3.5 percent.
In the group of recreation and culture, prices increased by 2.2 percent, transport prices increased by 0.7 percent, and restaurants and hotels by 0.6 percent. Furniture and current maintenance of the apartment are 0.5 percent more expensive.
Prices from the group apartment, water, electricity, gas and other fuels and education are higher by 0.1 percent.
Prices from the group Health increased by 0.3 percent, while alcoholic beverages and tobacco and clothing and footwear increased in price by 0.2 percent.
The fall in prices was recorded in the group Communications, by 0.1 percent.
Inflation in line with expectations
According to the data of the Republic Bureau of Statistics, the year-on-year inflation slowed down in June compared to May and amounted to 3.3 percent, which is in line with the expectations of the National Bank of Serbia.
Compared to May, the price of tourist package deals and oil derivatives increased the most in June, while, in line with the usual seasonal trends, lower prices of fresh vegetables were recorded, according to the NBS website.
According to the NBS, core inflation, the consumer price index excluding food, energy, alcohol and cigarettes, continued to move steadily and amounted to 2.0 percent year on year in June, which is unchanged compared to May.
According to the central projection of the National Bank of Serbia, year-on-year inflation will continue to move within the target range of 3 percent ± 1.5 percentage points in the coming period, Nova Ekonomija reports.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects