Vucic opens Bombay Stock Exchange trading day, News
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic on Thursday in Mumbai opened the trading day at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
On the occasion, he “stressed that it is a great honor for our country, because this is a way to expand close ties with India,” the Serbian government said in a statement.
“Thanks to our traditional ties from the past, the two countries will be able to have better cooperation in the future,” he said, noting that this refers not only to political ties, but also to stronger economic ties between India and Serbia.
Vicic “pointed out that he had very important talks with Indian officials, and praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his great energy, new ideas and dedication to work, which has opened new doors for India.”
Indian businesspeople are “always welcome in our country with their investments,” he said, adding that “we try to improve the commercial exchange using the experience of India.”
“We are doing everything to take this opportunity to establish contacts for future cooperation. I am absolutely certain that we will achieve much better results and increase trade exchange not only with the government of Gujarat, Maharashtra and other parts of India, but also with the central government of India,” Vucic explained.
Speaking about the BSE, he said that it was “nice to see the traditional and modern approaches combined, expressing his gratitude to the hosts for the opportunity to visit this institution.”
“We see that this is a very important institution and we hope that in the future it will work even better. I have seen data that are extraordinary. I wish you much success in the future and I hope that one day we will have some impact on the figures I have seen,” the prime minister underlined.
He also “expressed confidence that the friendship of India and Serbia, although already good, can be further improved.”
Earlier on Thursday, on the last day of his visit to India, Vucic met with President of the Mahindra Group Anand Mahindra, with whom he discussed the potential investments of this group in Serbia.
Vucic informed Mahindra about “economic reforms carried out in Serbia in the last two years, as well as the country’s progress of the Doing Business list,” the Serbian government said.
He “called on Mahindra to visit Serbia and discuss the opportunities that Serbia offers to foreign investors, as well as the opportunities regarding the markets of the countries with which Serbia has free trade agreements.”
“Serbia is a very interesting market for me and the best destinations are located in the heart of Europe,” said Mahindra and pointed out that Indian investors are looking for political stability and a secure market, noting that Serbia meets both conditions.
The topics of discussion also included the defense industry and electric cars, which the company Mahindra produces, but also export of Serbian raspberries and other food products from Serbia to India.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year