Zumtobel to build new luminaire production plant in Serbia, News
Austrian lighting company Zumtobel Group is to expand its production network by adding a new plant in Niš, southern Serbia.
The primary role of the planned luminaire plant in Serbia is to handle the additional volumes that are planned for the years ahead. The new site will offer the Zumtobel Group the opportunity to supply its core European market at optimal cost in a market environment marked by high pressure on prices,.
“The lighting market is hard fought and given the pressure on costs and the erosion of product prices we are constantly striving to improve our cost structures. The planned production site in Serbia will help boost our competitiveness and give us a means of responding more flexibly to market requirements as a Group. It will also enable us to position our plants and utilize their capacities in line with their strengths. In the process we are banking on a combination of our established integrated production network and the new plant in Serbia,” says Alfred Felder, Chief Operations Officer, Zumtobel Group.
When the final phase of construction work is completed, the new plant will have cost up to EUR 30 million. Construction will take place in two phases covering the next two and a half financial years. The first luminaires are slated to roll off the production lines at the new factory in financial 2018/19.
“This step into Eastern Europe signals further growth for the Zumtobel Group. At the same time the construction of this new plant forms part of our global operations strategy and is designed to ensure that, in the long term, we are well placed to offer our customers in Europe innovative products at optimal cost,” says Alfred Felder.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects