Air Serbia reports strong operational performance in 1Q, News
Air Serbia has announced what it describes as its strongest ever first-quarter operational results.
The Belgrade-based airline carried 453,859 passengers in the first three months of 2017, a year-on-year (YOY) increase of 8% compared to 1Q 2016.
The growth in passenger traffic was mirrored by a substantial rise in cargo tonnage, with 1,490 tonnes transported in the quarter, up 70% over 2016’s figure.
Capacity measured in ASKs jumped 20% to 834 million in 1Q 2017 over the same period last year. However, despite this capacity growth, load factor grew 3.4% YOY to 67%.
“Our operational performance in 1Q 2017 has been outstanding and reflects our continued efforts to enhance our travel proposition and capture more travel demand to and from Belgrade,” Air Serbia CEO Dane Kondić said.
Factors aimed at attracting more passengers introduced over the past year include advance seat selection, the ability to buy additional baggage allowance and premium lounge passes.
“The introduction of these new services, as well as other developments we have planned for 2017, will ensure the upward trend of Q1 continues into the year,” Kondić said.
The airline has also introduced a free onboard Wi-Fi system, Elevate Play, on its Airbus A319s and A320s, offering films, TV shows and music that can be streamed to mobile devices.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects