US-based Ametek to open new production unit in Serbia, News
Serbia’s prime minister Aleksandar Vucic said on Wednesday US electronic instruments manufacturer Ametek plans to open a new production unit in Serbia in the coming days.
The factory will spread on 10,000 sq m and will have 500 employees, Vucic told reporters after a meeting with US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, Hoyt Brian Yee, according to a video file posted on the website of public broadcaster Radio Televizija Srbije (RTS).
Vucic gave no details on the location of the production unit or the volume of Ametek investment but said the Serbian government is not providing any subsidies for the project.
In 2011, Ametek opened a production unit for micro motors for window blinds and garage doors of German subsidiary Dunkermotoren in the free industrial zone in Subotica, northern Serbia.
Ametek is a global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with headquarters in the United States and over 220 manufacturing sites worldwide.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year