Air Serbia Selects Sabre Technology To Grow Business And Enhance Guest Experience, News
Air Serbia, the national airline of the Republic of Serbia, is introducing a new technology platform to support its growth strategy and enhance the Air Serbia travel experience.
To support this vision, Air Serbia has selected global technology provider Sabre Corporation (NASDAQ: SABR) to provide a full suite of technology solutions and consulting services including Sabre’s industry-leading SabreSonic® Customer Sales & Service (CSS) passenger reservations system.
The agreement will see Air Serbia move to a single, connected platform for passenger reservations, check-in and boarding, and all other critical airline operations including flight operations and network management. In addition, the airline will implement Sabre’s leading-edge airport technology to enhance the service offered by Air Serbia Ground Services at Nikola Tesla Airport.
By migrating to Sabre’s software, Air Serbia will be able to streamline daily operations, reduce operating costs, strengthen revenue generation and retailing, and drive more ancillary revenue opportunities, enabling the airline to provide guests with a personalized service and a better and more consistent travel experience.
“Air Serbia has had phenomenal business growth over the past two years and the shift to Sabre will not only support our continued growth but revolutionise the guest experience,” said Dane Kondić, Air Serbia’s Chief Executive Officer.
“SabreSonic CSS is an integrated, customer-focused platform that will simplify business operations at Air Serbia and provide us with more information about our guests and their preferences, allowing our team to deliver a more individual service. Guests will also benefit from more control and freedom when booking tickets and flying with Air Serbia. For example, we recently rolled out Sabre web check-in as part of the first phase of this agreement, and have processed thousands of passengers in three short months, showing how popular e-Commerce capabilities are for the modern traveller.
“Many of our partners, such as airberlin, Alitalia and Etihad Airways, already use or are planning to migrate to Sabre, and having a common platform will enable Air Serbia to improve customer service for guests on codeshare flights.
“Technology plays a critical role in the ongoing development of Air Serbia and we are happy to work with Sabre, a global technology leader, to ensure we have the right tools to continue growing in a sustainable and innovative way,” said Kondić.
Sabre will provide strategic consulting services across all Air Serbia business areas during the migration process, which is scheduled to be completed by the second quarter of 2017.
“Air Serbia has a bold vision, clear growth strategy, and the opportunity to serve a fast-growing region,” said Hugh Jones, President, Sabre Airline Solutions. “We are very proud to be selected as Air Serbia’s technology provider, and we look forward to supporting their evolution from a national carrier to one of the region’s most admired and successful airline retailers. Europe is a key growth region for Sabre, and we will continue to invest in innovative technology capabilities that meet the region’s specific needs.”
Air Serbia is one of a growing number of European carriers to select Sabre’s technology and passenger reservations system.
Globally, Sabre’s technology is used by 225 airlines, including most of the world’s largest carriers. Its flexible and scalable software solutions allow airlines to operate how they want to and adapt their business to changing needs and requirements.
Sabre’s solutions optimise day-to-day airline operations and ultimately help airlines solve their biggest challenges – driving increased revenues, reducing costs and delivering better travel experiences.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?