“All barriers removed” for export of Fiat cars to EEU, News
Minister of Economy Goran Knezevic said on Tuesday the last barrier to duty-free exports of Serbian-made Fiat cars to the Eurasian region had been overcome.
This is the case “after Kazakhstan’s Minister of National Economy Kuandyk Bishimbayev pledged earlier in the day his country would vote in favor of the exports at the next Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) Council meeting,” Tanjug has reported.
“We waited for all barriers to fall, and Minister Bishimbayev pledged Kazakhstan’s support for this at the EEU Council meeting. Once the Council makes the decision, only technical reasons and requirements will remain,” he said after the first meeting of a Serbia-Kazakhstan intergovernmental commission on trade.
Fiat is no direct competitor to our carmakers, Bishimbayev said in response to a reporter’s comment about Kazakhstan’s past opposition to the exports in a bid to protect domestic production.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute