Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic spoke on Tuesday with US Ambassador to Serbia Kyle Scott.
Taking part in the meeting was also a delegation of the US company Bechtel, while the topic was a project to build the Pojate-Preljina highway, the government announced.
Mihajlovic said that the so-called Morava Corridor project is of great importance to Serbia because it will link Corridor 10 and Corridor 11 through an area that has more than 500,000 inhabitants, and added that the interest of the Serbian government is that the construction starts as soon as possible.
David Welch, Betchel international and government affairs president, underlined that this company is aware of the importance of infrastructure development for Serbia.
Scott “voiced support for the continuation of the project and noted that the American investor’s potential participation would mean an important step in the improvement of relations between the two countries.”
- Belgrade's Nikola Tesla Airport posts Q1 2019 profit
- Zero compromise in fight against grey economy
- Business Serbia invites investors to buy stake in Komercijalna Banka
- PM praises Chinese company's performance in Serbia
- Wages could grow further, president says after IMF meeting
- Corridor 10's southern arm completed in Serbia
- There's still chance Volkswagen could come to Serbia - PM
- IMF praises Serbia for attracting foreign investments
- Indian-owned IMT shows new tractors
- Serbia to invest 30.3 mln euro in Jajinci - Mala Krsna rail line overhaul