Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic spoke on Tuesday with US Ambassador to Serbia Kyle Scott.
Taking part in the meeting was also a delegation of the US company Bechtel, while the topic was a project to build the Pojate-Preljina highway, the government announced.
Mihajlovic said that the so-called Morava Corridor project is of great importance to Serbia because it will link Corridor 10 and Corridor 11 through an area that has more than 500,000 inhabitants, and added that the interest of the Serbian government is that the construction starts as soon as possible.
David Welch, Betchel international and government affairs president, underlined that this company is aware of the importance of infrastructure development for Serbia.
Scott “voiced support for the continuation of the project and noted that the American investor’s potential participation would mean an important step in the improvement of relations between the two countries.”
- Russian bank's loan to Serbia's state-owned telcom
- EU not fighting against Serbia or China - PM
- Serbia to stop subsidizing trade and hotel industry
- Serbia asks for exemption from new EU steel import cap
- Serbia and World Steel Association have different stats
- Serbia to sign 230 mln euro deal with Russia's RZD Intl for railway infrastructure works
- Aptiv Packard factory opened in southern Serbia
- Serbia has world's highest crude steel production increase
- Chinese company to buy Serbian bus manufacturer
- World Bank revises growth forecast for Serbia