Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic spoke on Tuesday with US Ambassador to Serbia Kyle Scott.
Taking part in the meeting was also a delegation of the US company Bechtel, while the topic was a project to build the Pojate-Preljina highway, the government announced.
Mihajlovic said that the so-called Morava Corridor project is of great importance to Serbia because it will link Corridor 10 and Corridor 11 through an area that has more than 500,000 inhabitants, and added that the interest of the Serbian government is that the construction starts as soon as possible.
David Welch, Betchel international and government affairs president, underlined that this company is aware of the importance of infrastructure development for Serbia.
Scott “voiced support for the continuation of the project and noted that the American investor’s potential participation would mean an important step in the improvement of relations between the two countries.”
- Romania's Whyttest opens office in Serbia
- Czech PPF acquires Serbia's Telenor banka
- Tender for first radar system for hail protection to be announced soon
- Chinese fund readies billion-euro project in Serbia
- Germans open factory in Serbia, employ 2,500 workers
- Serbia and IMF agree on PCI program
- PM brings together large companies and startups
- Germany's Lidl launches logistics center near Belgrade
- IMF delegation visiting Serbia
- IMF mission to visit Serbia June 11-13 for talks on new arrangement