Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic spoke on Tuesday with US Ambassador to Serbia Kyle Scott.
Taking part in the meeting was also a delegation of the US company Bechtel, while the topic was a project to build the Pojate-Preljina highway, the government announced.
Mihajlovic said that the so-called Morava Corridor project is of great importance to Serbia because it will link Corridor 10 and Corridor 11 through an area that has more than 500,000 inhabitants, and added that the interest of the Serbian government is that the construction starts as soon as possible.
David Welch, Betchel international and government affairs president, underlined that this company is aware of the importance of infrastructure development for Serbia.
Scott “voiced support for the continuation of the project and noted that the American investor’s potential participation would mean an important step in the improvement of relations between the two countries.”
- Serbian mobile users drop to 8.48 mln in Q2
- Serbia turns to tech industry to fight economic stagnation
- Central bank expects low inflation, and 4 percent GDP growth
- Public call "Business Capacity Building Programme in IT Sector"
- "Pensions will increase, but we'll have to import workers"
- Serbia to auction 23 bln dinars (221 mln euro) of 5-yr T-notes on Aug 14
- At least three companies interested in copper mines
- Government takes over Nis Airport, general manager resigns
- Air Serbia introduces ‘celebration’ ancillary service
- Chinese owners give Serbian steel factory, workers new lease on life