Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic spoke on Tuesday with US Ambassador to Serbia Kyle Scott.
Taking part in the meeting was also a delegation of the US company Bechtel, while the topic was a project to build the Pojate-Preljina highway, the government announced.
Mihajlovic said that the so-called Morava Corridor project is of great importance to Serbia because it will link Corridor 10 and Corridor 11 through an area that has more than 500,000 inhabitants, and added that the interest of the Serbian government is that the construction starts as soon as possible.
David Welch, Betchel international and government affairs president, underlined that this company is aware of the importance of infrastructure development for Serbia.
Scott “voiced support for the continuation of the project and noted that the American investor’s potential participation would mean an important step in the improvement of relations between the two countries.”
- RZD Holding Exports Modern High-Speed Technology to Serbia
- Bank of China Serbian arm posts loss in H1
- Serbia improves on World Economic Forum's index
- PM tours US and British owned tobacco factories in south
- Serbia tries to ease Telekom Albania fears
- Serbia takes first step to sell government stake in second-largest lender
- Serbia moves to new projects with Russian Railways
- Agro business forum for linking farmers of Serbia and Israel
- "Higher growth allows for capital investments"
- Germany's Lidl opens16 stores in 12 Serbian towns