Annex signed to Russia’s USD 800mln Serbian Railways loan, News
The Serbian Railways company and Russia’s RZD International have signed an annex to a Russian loan worth a total of USD 800 million.
The annex covers the building of a second track on the 40-kilometer long Stara Pazova-Novi Sad stretch of railway, and modernization of the existing track. The value of these works will be USD 338 million.
The Stara Pazova-Novi Sad stretch is a part of the Belgrade-Budapest line, where passenger trains will travel at speeds up to 200 kilometers per hour.
Works are expected to start in the first quarter of 2017.
The contract was signed at the Serbian government headquarters by Dusan Garibovic, acting director of Serbian Railways Infrastructure, and RZD International President Sergei Pavlov.
Serbian Deputy PM and Minister of Construction, Infrastructure and Transport Zorana Mihajlovic attended the signing, as did First Vice-President of Russian Railways Aleksandr Misharin.
Mihajlovic held a meeting with the Russian delegation afterwards, and then headed to Vreoci, southwest of Belgrade, for the start of reconstruction works on the stretch of the Belgrade-Bar railway line from Resnik to Valjevo – also financed from the Russian loan.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?