“There’s been no steel dumping, and we’ll prove it”, News
Serbia will fight to prove the Smederevo steel mill has not been dumping steel and it has documentation as evidence of this, Aleksandar Vucic said on Thursday.
“We have a clear case of anti-dumping and serious documentation indicating that we have done nothing wrong,” the prime minister told reporters.
Alongside Chinese lawyers who have won over 1,000 cases in Brussels, Serbia will fight these accusations, Vucic said.
“The situation is clear and the documentation is on our side,” he said.
The European Steel Association (EUROFER) recently accused Serbia, Russia, Iran, Brazil and Ukraine of dumping steel in the EU.
In 2016, Serbia will be among the top three European countries in terms of GDP growth rate, Vucic also said, adding that he would do everything to ensure Serbia was the strongest growing economy next year.
“We have not had such results since World War II,” Vucic noted, announcing the government was in talks with a Chinese airline to introduce direct flights from Belgrade to Beijing.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute