Arabs eyeing 20,000 hectares of land in Serbia, News
Al Dahra plans to allocate millions of dollars this year to improve food safety. In Serbia alone they want to buy as many as 20,000 hectares of land.
The Arabs plan to spend about 130 million this year to buy arable land around the world and invest in projects that ensure greater food safety, according to Al Dahra’s Managing Director Khadim Al Darei.
Al Dahra is a company specialized in the growing, production and marketing of food products. It is well known to the Serbian public, and according to the manager, plans to extend the long-term partnership with this country.
As he said, the company already has 1,000 hectares of land in Serbia and plans to buy more, as the goal is 20,000 hectares.
“We will allocate nearly USD 130 million to lease and acquire ownership of land,” Al Darei said at the World Forum for Innovations in Agriculture, that gathered over 300 companies from all over the world.
Al Darei added that the company is making good progress in Egypt, where it owns more than 54,000 hectares. In addition to Egypt and Serbia, the company has 4,000 hectares in the United States and Spain each, and about 2,000 in Australia.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year