Arabs show great interest in buying Serbian water, News
The company Voda Voda from Mionica in western Serbia and Caro General Trading from Kuwait have signed a contract, the government announced.
Under it, three million liters of water will be exported from Serbia in Kuwait.
This is according to Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Rasim Ljajic, who attended the signing.
Ljajic also said that this was “the result of the work on improvement of economic cooperation between the two countries.”
According to the Serbian official “this agreement will also enable other companies from Serbia to sell their water in Arab countries, as demand for our water is high.”
Serbia is known for its high-quality mineral water, and cooperation with Kuwait will open the door for joint cooperation on other projects, he said.
Ljajic said that our country has more than 300 mineral springs, around 25 water treatment plants, where capacity is not used enough.
Speaking of potentials for cooperation, the minister said that Serbia “has already received a credit from Kuwait for the railway station Prokop, and added that there is an announcement that Kuwait will finance other projects,” the government said on its website.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year