Chinese plan to invest USD 35mn in factory in Serbian town, News
China’s Zhejiang Kangyi Sanitary Ware plans to invest 35 million dollars and employ 500 workers in the town of Kula, in northern Serbia.
Serbian Minister of Culture and Media Vladan Vukosavljevic and Zhejiang Kangyi Sanitary Ware owner Jing Guoling on Thursday signed a memorandum of understanding to this effect.
According to the Serbian government, the document stipulates that the investor will, from 2017 to 2020, “implement a business venture on the territory of Serbia and employ a total of 500 workers and invest USD 35 million in a plant of metal sanitary ware products in the facilities of the former factory of faucets Istra in Kula.”
The international company “specializes in the production of high quality faucets, kitchen and bathroom fittings and other sanitary equipment and is the third largest manufacturer of these products in the most populous country in the world,” according to a statement.
The factory in Kula is planned to carry out the complete technological process, from casting to finishing. The annual production would be approximately USD 50 million and would mostly be intended for export.
“For this big investment in Serbia, the company has support of its province Zhejiang and the Beijing administration, as part of the project New Silk Road,” the statement said, and added:
“Given that it is a project that involves real production and the opening of a large number of new jobs, and that a similar plant does not exist in the wider region, the project has received the support at all levels.”
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year