Attempt to sell stake in Galenika pharmaceuticals fails, News
The procedure for the privatization of the pharmaceutical company Galenika through the model of strategic partnership should be declared unsuccessful.
The commission for the implementation of strategic partnership on proposed this to the Serbian government on Wednesday, th Ministry for Economy announced, Beta reported.
Previously, negotiations were conducted with the British-Russian consortium Frontier-Pharma Petrovax about the sale of a 25-percent stake in Galenika, the agency said, quoting Minister of Economy Goran Knezevic as saying that the state would not give up on Galenika, bearing in mind its potential, which could be developed through other privatization models, so that Galenika would once again operate sustainably and with profit.”
The Ministry for Commerce and the management of Galenika have also considered, parallel with the negotiations with the interested strategic partners, the possibility for restructuring Galenika’s liabilities, in case the agreement is not reached, the ministry’s statement said.
Earlier, the Serbian government recommended to the relevant bodies of state creditors not to issue orders for freezing Galenika’s accounts, i.e. not to initiate the procedures for collecting their claims, and to withdraw the collateral that would be due for Galenika and its dependent companies, until the final agreement with commercial creditors is reached, but not later than March 31, 2017.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects