What’s New: The National Tourism Organization of Serbia and Air Serbia, News
Air Serbia hopes the non-stop flight from New York to Belgrade, Serbia, will increase American tourism in the country
The National Tourism Organization of Serbia and Air Serbia recently hosted a cocktail event at the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Serbia to the United Nations in New York City to announce the new direct flights from New York to Belgrade, Serbia, and to share the latest news on Serbian tourism. The evening included traditional Serbian food and drink, as well as remarks from NTOS, Air Serbia, and Serbia’s ambassador.
The recent launch of Air Serbia’s non-stop flights from Belgrade (BEG) to New York (JFK) in June 2016 provides an innovative connection between the two countries that will help to further foster their cultural and commercial ties. In respect to improving tourism in the Republic of Serbia, the Tourism Organization plans to emphasize the country’s geographical location and historical, cultural, and natural identity in its marketing efforts.
“In 2016, Serbia saw an 18 percent increase in U.S. tourism. Moreover, within the past four years Serbia has been home to double-digit growth continuously with international tourists — especially those from Europe,” said a representative from the Serbian Tourism Board during the event. “We see the U.S. market as important for us in the future, especially with our direct flights with Air Serbia between Belgrade and New York City.”
According to a recent press release, “continuous promotions by Air Serbia offer direct flights for less than $600 USD round trip from New York to Belgrade. Travelers can find year round cultural, entertainment, sporting and traditional events throughout Serbia as well as active outdoor excursions. The beautiful mountains, national parks, rivers and lakes, canyons, gorges and caves are sought out by adventure seekers and families looking for new travel locations.”
The national airline of the Republic of Serbia, Air Serbia, was named the 2017 Airline Market Leader by Air Transport World and is providing the first non-stop flights by a Serbian carrier between Serbia and the United States in 24 years.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year