Austria’s Zumtobel to build 30.6 mln euro luminaire plant in Serbia, News
Serbia’s government signed a deal for the construction of a 30.6 million euro ($35.9 million) luminaire production plant in the city of Nis with Austrian lighting solutions group Zumtobel on Friday, Belgrade-based media reported.
The new production facility will spread on 40,000 sq m and will employ 1,100 people, Beta news agenct reported.
Production in the plant is expected to start as early as May next year.
The Serbian government has provided subsidies of eight million euro for the construction project, Serbian president Aleksandar Vucic, who attended the signing ceremony, said, according to Beta.
Zumtobel is a component of the blue-chip ATX index of the Vienna Stock Exchange. The company booked revenues of 1.356 billion euro in fiscal year 2015/16.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?