BHP Group has signed a deal with Canada’s Mundoro Capital to explore for copper in Serbia, News
BHP Group has signed a deal with Canada’s Mundoro Capital to explore for copper in Serbia, part of a global hunt for new mineral deposits to power the green energy boom.
The agreement offers BHP the option to take a stake in three exploration areas that Mundoro holds in Serbia’s Timok mining region, to the country’s east.
Mundoro is a Canadian listed mining investment company that focuses on generating revenue from royalties.
The agreement comes as copper miners extend their hunt for the conductive metal used in power generation and after BHP signed a deal to acquire Australian copper miner OZ Minerals Ltd last year.
Miner Rio Tinto Ltd said in December it had not given up on its plans to develop a $2.4 billion lithium mine in the country after its licenses were revoked following protests sparked by environmental concerns about the planned mine.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 9, 2023 20 years of Microsoft in Serbia
- June 9, 2023 What does the withdrawal of the Draft Law on Business Companies mean for Serbia?
- June 9, 2023 Serbia, Returning inflation to a downward trajectory is a priority