Breakthrough made in Serbia’s longest road tunnel, News
The company Koridori Srbije (“Corridors of Serbia”) announced on Wednesday that the breakthrough has been made in Manajle tunnel’s right tube.
The 1,804- tunnel, a part of Corridor 10’s southern leg in Serbia located on highway E75’s Caricina Dolina-Vladicin Han section.
Apart from being the longest road tunnel in Serbia, it also proved the most demanding to build.
Koridori Srbije said it invested great efforts, and thanks to the significant and constant support from the Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure, “the problems encountered during the works have been successfully overcome.”
These problems came due to “extremely unfavorable hydrogeological conditions.”
Previously, in September 2016, the breakthrough was made in the tunnel’s left tube.
Koridori Srbije is the investor, with the Bulgarian company Consortium Alliance X contracted to carry out the project. the value of the works amounts to 36.25 million euros.
The tunnel will be equipped with modern telecommunications, traffic and signaling equipment, video surveillance, a radio communication system, SOS stations, rest areas for broken down vehicles, a fire detection system, a system for monitoring and detecting the level of toxic gases, and one for speed measurement.
The tunnel’s tubes will be interconnected with evacuation passages, meant for pedestrians and emergency vehicles.
The work on the tunnel is expected to be completed in late 2017, the company has announced.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute