China, Serbia sign MOU on agriculture, News
China and Serbia on Tuesday signed a memorandum of understanding on cooperation in agriculture.
The MOU was signed in the Serbian capital Belgrade by visiting Chinese Minister of Agriculture Han Changfu and his Serbian counterpart Branislav Nedimovic.
China and Serbia will enhance cooperation in agricultural investment and technological development, especially in the areas of meat processing and vegetable and fruit processing, Han told reporters after the signing.
“Regarding trade of agricultural products, we welcome the imports of safe and quality products from Serbia, which not only gives Chinese customers more choices, but also benefits Serbian farmers,” he said.
The MOU serves as the starting point of bilateral cooperation in agriculture, Han said, while urging the two sides to enhance cooperation within the Belt and Road Initiative and the “16+1” cooperation mechanism.
The “16+1” refers to China and the 16 Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries.
Nedimovic said the MOU was set to bring Chinese investment into Serbia and such cooperation was vital to the country’s food processing industry.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year