Chinese interested in manufacturing electric cars in Serbia, News
China’s ambassador to Serbia Li Manchang announced on Tuesday that a Chinese company that wishes to open an electric car factory would soon arrive in Serbia.
Speaking in an army barracks in the town of Pancevo, where he presented a Chinese donation worth around EUR 900,000 to the Serbian Army, Li mentioned three large Chinese companies that will arrive here.
The first is a tire manufacturer, “the fourth largest in the world.”
“This company’s director will arrive in Belgrade from Frankfurt on June 22, at midnight,” the diplomat said. Reacting to this, President Aleksandar Vucic, who accompanied him today, remarked, “I’ve received Turks after one o’clock, I’ll receive the Chinese at half past 11, 12.”
The second company, Li continued, is coming from the Hunan Province, where they operate a gold mine.
“This company’s director has already been in Belgrade, and he keeps his promises,” he said, adding that the company is interested in taking over the copper mining and smelting complex RTB Bor, located in eastern Serbia.
“The third company wants to come to Serbia and together with a Serbian partner open a joint company that would manufacture electric cars, which would be sold worldwide,” Li concluded.
Vucic responded by saying this would be “a fairytale” for Serbia.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?