IMF mission to visit for review under stand-by arrangement, News
An IMF mission led by James Roaf will visit Serbia from June 22 through July 4 to conduct the seventh review under a stand-by arrangement, Tanjug reported.
MF Resident Representative Sebastian Sosa made the announcement on Monday.
“The mission will have two principal tasks. First, to conduct surveillance of the Serbian economy under Article IV of the IMF’s Articles of Agreement. This surveillance is a central element of the IMF’s mandate for all its member countries and takes a comprehensive and longer-term view of macroeconomic developments and prospects, and the authorities’ economic policies,” the IMF said.
Serbia has yet to draw on the funds available under the three-year deal, which expires next year, and Belgrade said it has no plans to use them, Reuters reported on Monday.
The agency noted that in March, Roaf said Serbia was making excellent progress on economic and financial reforms, but was lagging on disposing of unprofitable state firms.
The IMF has forecast Serbia’s economy will grow 3 percent this year, below the central bank’s figure of 3.5 percent.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?