A tender to sell the copper mining and smelting complex RTB Bor in eastern Serbia “will be announced in the next ten days.”
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said this on July 5.
As he said, a Chinese company is interested buying this mining complex.
Vucic said this while visiting Chinese-owned HBIS Group Serbia steel mill (Zelezara) in the town of Smederevo, downstream from Belgrade on the Danube, to add he was confident that the Chinese showed interest because they recognized Serbia as a welcoming country and one of hard-working and industrious people.
Speaking about the importance of Zelezara for the city of Smederevo, he said that Serbia was “infinitely grateful to the Chinese friends who helped solve one of the biggest problems in the country.”
“After two years, this is a story about change, success and progress of Serbia, and we could not have done it without China’s support. Although there is a saying that there is no thing as brief as gratitude – with us it is permanent, because they saved 5,200 jobs,” Vucic said.
- Serbia and China sign several important documents
- Chinese investor to build 80 mln euro zinc oxide factory in Serbia
- IMF: Serbia alone received over half of region's FDIs
- Arabs to buy faltering Serbian agriculture giant
- Germany's Leoni to invest 60 mln euro in fourth factory in Serbia
- Chinese move Gorenje production from Slovenia to Serbia
- Serbia ready to become full member of CERN
- Serbia plans to build 13 mln euro car battery factory in northern
- Serbia, US sign MoU in field of infrastructure
- PPF Group outlines Telenor Serbia plans