Euro suitors for EBZ’s Serb sugar plants, News
European companies have expressed an interest in participating in the international tender that Hellenic Sugar Industry (EBZ) will call for the sale of the factories of its two subsidiaries in Serbia, EBZ president Christos Rossios stated. He added that the state firm’s board meeting on Monday approved the tender process so that it can be announced immediately.
The minimum price an investor will have to bid for the two profit-making plants in Serbia is 25 million euros, according to recent statements by Rossios and the company’s chief executive, Pantelis Manis.
Hellenic Sugar expects the sale of the Serbian factories to help EBZ with its loan obligations, so that it can move ahead with its plans to expand internationally. That would also restore the company’s lost credibility in the eyes of its partners as well as producers.
Monday’s board meeting also approved two strategic agreements for the purchase and sale of sugar that EBZ is discussing with two major European firms. According to Rossios, these two agreements “are expected to be signed in the next 10 days.”
He also said that producers will receive the 1.8 million euros owed to them from last year by early next week.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects