Free trade CEFTA deal “rare regional success”, News
The Central European Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA) is a rare successful regional initiative with tangible results over the past ten or so years.
Serbian Minister of Trade, Tourism, and Telecommunications and Deputy PM Rasim Ljajic said this on Monday in Belgrade during a conference marking the trade deal’s tenth anniversary.
The CEFTA countries are Serbia’s second largest foreign trade partner – second only to the EU – and Serbia now has a 2.1 billion euro surplus with them, he said.
Ljajic stressed that cooperation with the organization “means a lot to Serbia, considering that our country is exporting more to CEFTA members than it does to Russia, China, and the United States combined.”
Serbia’s exports to Macedonia are double that of what the country sells to the United States, he mentioned as an example.
The head of the EU Delegation to Serbia, Michael Davenport, wished a successful CEFTA chairmanship to Serbia in 2017, and stressed the country will have the support of “all CEFTa members,” the Serbian government said on its website.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?