GDP grows 1.3 percent in second quarter, News
Serbia’s GDP grew in real terms and year-on-year by 1.3 percent in the second quarter, Beta has reported, citing the state Statistical Office.
Relative to the first quarter of the year, the non-seasonal growth of GDP in the second quarter was 0.5 percent, while the first quarter of 2017 GDP increased by one percent relative to the same period in 2016, the Statistical Office announced on Thursday.
Gross added value grew in motor vehicle wholesale, retail and repair, transportation and accommodation and food, water supply and wastewater management, state administration and mandatory social insurance, education, health and social protection, while it declined in the agricultural sector, forestry and fishing and construction.
The state budget plans for a three percent GDP growth this year – “but because of a poor agricultural season it is estimated that it will be lower,” Beta reported.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects