Minimal wage to be increased, prime minister says, News
Prime Minister Ana Brnabic announced on Thursday that the minimum labor price that is currently being negotiated will be increased.
An increase in the non-taxable portion of wages is also being considered, to facilitate employers, she said, according to the government.
Brnabic told a press conference that the negotiations on the minimum price of work should be completed by September 15.
She also stated that there were “differences between increasing the minimum wage demanded by trade unions and what can be fulfilled – and the government of Serbia is, as before, trying to find a compromise between the two.”
Leader of the Confederation of Autonomous Unions of Serbia Zoran Mihajlovic said earlier this week that they wanted the minimal net wage to go from RSD 130 (EUR 1.09) per hours to RSD 154 (EUR 1.29). The Association of Employers, meanwhile, is offering RSD 140 (EUR 1.17).
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?