Greece’s Alpha Bank to sell Serbian subsidiary, News
Alpha Bank said on Monday that it had reached a deal to sell its wholly owned subsidiary Alpha Bank Srbija to Serbia’s MK Group, which is involved in a range of businesses.
Analysts say other Greek lenders could also pull out of Serbia as they restructure in the wake of Greece’s debt crisis.
“One may expect consolidation in the banking sector in Serbia, and some of the size-matter banks could potentially buy portfolios of those [Greek] banks that are about to leave,” Komercijalna Banka’s chairman of the board, Vladimir Krulj, told Reuters.
Serbia’s banking sector is dominated by foreign-owned banks.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects