“Highway to Pristina to be completed by 2020”, News
The project documentation for a highway connecting Nis, Merdare and Pristina will be done in early 2017.
Construction itself slated to be completed by 2020, Serbian Deputy PM and Minister of Construction and Transport Zorana Mihajlovic said on Tuesday.
EU Commissioner for Transport Violeta Bulc said the EU had earmarked 175 million euros in grants for projects in Serbia and an additional 40 million euros for Western Balkan countries.
Speaking at a press conference after a meeting with Bulc, Mihajlovic said the highway was very significant for connecting the entire region and for its development and that modernizing and electrifying the rail line between Nis and Dimitrovgrad was a priority project in railway transport.
Ongoing infrastructure projects in Serbia are worth a total 5.5 billion euros, Mihajlovic added.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute